Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally!





Well, I finally finished my first sewing project. This cute little apron is going to be used for material for pockets and other straps, because please note the flowers are growing sideways. Oops. The second one turned out better. I used the flower print to applique an "A" for Addison (my granddaughter) on the other side, which is orange with white polkadots and added a pocket in polkadots to the flower side. It is reversible. I have to get more familiar with my machine, and I am a little rusty on the sewing skills, but overall it is a gratifying and fun hobby. I am working on diaper covers and pants for my cloth-diapering daughter, Maegan. The fabric is wool and I am struggling with finishing the seams to look the way I want them to. I hate unfinished seams.
Thanks again, Maegan, Sheriece and Mom for helping me get started. I love you guys!!

8 comments:

Maegan said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you're getting into something fun that you like to do!!

I love the Aprons!

AD said...

How cute! Good for you!

Carla said...

The aprons are darling. I'm glad you got the machine so you can do these fun projects!

SM said...

"I like the cooker Gi-Gi made for me!!!" cooker = apron, no idea why!

gma said...

You are ambitious! By the way, you've been tagged, sorry! Cherilyn

Maegan said...

Hi! You've been tagged. See my blog for details. Love you!

Dana said...

They are tooo cute! Great job.

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Great work! You could look into "princess seams" to avoid unfinished seams. It's an extra step but completely finished :)